Last Updated on September 29, 2022 by seanmichaelpritchard
The best camera backpacks have proven to be far superior to a standard backpack for carrying videography or photography equipment.
The best backpack for photographers will usually have strong exteriors to secure contents from the outdoors, alongside padded interiors to prevent sensitive cameras and lenses from spinning around and colliding with one another.
Having said that, not all backpacks are created equal. Choosing the camera backpack that’s appropriate for you typically entails considering your top priorities.
How much space do you require? Do you need a hiking photography backpack? Or do you prefer a backpack that is unobtrusive and has tamper-proof zippers?
You should also consider your budget, as the best camera backpack prices can vary dramatically.
To help you find the best camera backpack for you, let’s walk through five top recommended options!
1. Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW II – Best hiking camera backpack for photography
Have you ever had trouble finding the proper backpack for the job?
Despite the fact that this novel and rather pricey Lowepro camera backpack modular system is likely to appeal to a limited audience, it offers excellent value for its user’s money because it is easily adaptable to a variety of settings.
The front’s series of loops, which can be utilized to connect extras like a flash holder, straps and a toe-cup, and a phone case, make this Lowepro a genuinely adaptable camera backpack.
- Modular design
- Plethora of Lowepro camera backpack accessories
- Accepts the use of a drone
- Great hiking photography backpack
- Accessories might be unsightly
- Lowepro camera backpack accessories are costly
2. Endurax Extra Large Camera backpack – Best large camera backpack for photography
A DSLR camera with attached lens can be stored in a top backpack compartment for easy access. Two pro-sized cameras, up to eight lenses, and three flashes can be stored in the inside backpack compartments.
All of the dividers can be removed for personalisation.
For drone photographers, the Endurax Extra Large Camera Backpack can be the finest option. As Drones are kept from shaking or jostling by a removable covering.
It has a high capacity and a dedicated zone for Mavic drones including the Mavic Air, Mavic Spark, and Mavic Pro. Check out the best drones for beginners here!
It boasts a padded back for comfort, as well as a PVA-armoured front panel that protects both the upper and bottom compartments, ensuring that even the most delicate equipment is kept safe and secure.
- Two mesh side pockets, one for a water bottle and the other for a top tripod
- Drone tools can be stored in the side-flip pocket.
- Fabric is tough and waterproof, and a rain cover is included.
- The accessory organizing pad is included.
- Great camera and lens backpack
- More dividers could be added to make it better.
- Even when empty, the backpack is somewhat heavy.
3. Peak Design Everyday Backpack V2 30L Best stylish camera backpack
This bag’s exquisite style, long-lasting materials, and skilfully crafted hardware make it tough not to like it.
It’s small for a camera backpack, but it can still carry a DSLR and up to 4 lenses.
There are zero front or back doors, but there are wide side flaps that provide excellent mobile access.
This definitely is a unique backpack design that could be snapped into thirds to permit a camera and long lens to travel down a side or could be divided instantaneously to allow many small lenses to share a shelf.
- Side flaps for easy access
- Design of an internal partition
- Hip pads are missing from the waist belt
- There are no openings in the front or back
4. TARION Pro Camera Backpack – Best camera backpack for travel photographers
The 16.5-litre camera backpack from TARION Pro can hold up to five additional lenses, one camera, and a 15.6-inch laptop.
The main bag contains various accessory pockets, and the two discrete compartments can be combined to hold larger items such as handheld stabilisers.
This bag offers a convenient side access zip for easy access without having to remove your bag. It also has tripod-friendly side pockets and side straps.
- Outer textile that repels water and a rain cover
- Material that is both shockproof and weather resistant.
- Excellent backpack compartments for your camera, lens and more!
- On the back, but not on the sides, there is a lockable zipper.
5. MOSISO Camera Backpack – Best compact camera backpack for photographers
This is a charming camera bag that is small and compact.
It’s a good choice because of its stylish design, configurable protection, and numerous zippered pockets for all its user’s belongings.
This camera backpack is little but formidable at around $30. With enough space for a camera, two lenses, and a few additional accessories, MOSISO is ideal for casual photographers who don’t have a lot of gear.
Black, Blue, Green, Teal, Grey, and Red are the six colours available for the bag. This is a fantastic selection that allows you to have some fun while selecting a camera backpack.
This actively allows you to tailor your configuration to your camera’s size and the number of lenses one is intending to bring.
According to users’ reviews, the strap located on the right end of the backpack, above the mesh pocket, is ideal for a good tripod, which could be tough to put inside the backpack.
This camera backpack is also water resistant, making it ideal for any outside photography or activities.
- The perfect size strap for a top travel tripod
- Compact and small
- Inner walls with Velcro padding that can be removed
- Only a left shoulder kind of sling is available
Overall, the finest camera bag for you should be one that complements your personal style.
Choose from sleek, sophisticated backpacks or funky, vintage-inspired backpacks. Some include tuck-away straps, allowing you to wear it shoulder-style as desired.
Some styles are more macho, while others are more feminine, or you can go with a unisex model that will go with any look.
Whatever you’re searching for in a backpack, there’s a good chance you’ll find it among the many excellent camera backpacks available today.
Remember, your best photography gear needs the best camera backpack to transport it on the road -or on the plane, or on the trail, or anywhere you’ll find that winning shot!
DISCLOSURE: I may earn a small commission from some of the links above. For the benefit of the doubt, please assume all links might be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Get the latest news in your inbox
By signing up to my mailing list you will be the first to hear about brand new blogs, new prints and have access to subscriber only promotions!